Thursday, March 20, 2014

Natural remedy for skin and hair problems

Hi my beautiful frnz!!!

Today I spent some quality time in my nursery. Ahhh!! I feel gardening is such a bliss to add peace and tranquility in our lives. I have posted some of my lovely flower collections below so that you can also enjoying looking at them. After all, sharing is fun right?? ;)







As I walked through the roses, I noticed a shiny green tiny thulasi(Basil) plant sprouting from the ground. It was then that a wonderful thought stuck me. Having known about the herbal and medicinal value of thulasi, I decided to write a post on how this can cure pimples, acne and dandruff.


Thulasi is a natural herb that is considered sacred throughout India. Many Indians worship  Thulasi in their homes. There are 3 different types of Thulasi each having it's own importance. But the most widely available and valuable Thulasi is the one that is lush green in color.

Take some Thulasi leaves and boil them in water for 20 min. You will notice a greenish liquid on the top of the leaves. Keep the leaves aside and filter the water. You can now use both the water as well as the boiled leaves. The boiled leaves can be used as a skin toner. Apply the water twice a day to get rid of acne and dirt on your face.

For those suffering with dry skin, mix some egg white to the Basil leaves and make it into a paste. Apply it on your face and wash it off after 15 min. The egh white balances the softness while Basil tightens the pores on your face.

Mix some turmeric to Basil leaves and make it into a smooth paste. Apply it as a face pack to reduce acne and black heads.

To use Basil as a dandruff therapy, apply the boiled Basil leaves water after your shower. Apply it to your scalp and rinse it after 5 min. You can see that your scalp gets cooled instantly. You can also mix this with neem oil and apply to scalp. This combination not only removes dandruff but also enriches your scalp with rich oxygen thus making your hair roots free from dust and dead cells.

So that's it for today my dears!! I hope you are enjoying reading my posts. Please do share them as these are all cost efficient and effective
 Also don't forget to leave your valuable comments:)  Meet you in next post
 Until then, take care:)

No comments:

Post a Comment