Thursday, March 28, 2019

Miracles of coconut -II

Hey buddies!!

        As discussed in my previous post, I shall now discuss about the miracles of coconut oil. There are many varieties and uses of coconut oil. Apart from the regular coconut oil used to apply on hair and body, there is also edible coconut oil which is used in foods. I use edible coconut oil in my recipes and I also make sure to add coconut to my cooking twice a week. Coconut and coconut oil act as natural lubricants on our body and prevent our skin from getting dehydrated. I also apply coconut oil to my kids's bodies before and after shower irrespective of all seasons. This keeps their skin smooth and prevents dryness.

        One interesting fact about India is that the people of Kerala use and include coconut in their day to day lives so much that you can notice their hair being very thick, black, curly and perfect in shape. Below are some of the beauty tips using coconut oil. Also I am aware of the fact that there are many benefits of other oils like amla, avocado, jojobo, almond, shea butter etc but coconut oil is the best for Indian climate. You can use other oils as well but once you start using coconut oil you will definitely start to see the results.  So let's get started!!



1. To remove dead skin :

               Mix one spoon of coconut oil with a pinch of sugar and rub on your face, neck, nails, cuticles. The edges of the sugar exfoliate the dead cells while the coconut oil prevents your skin from getting burned or red due to exfoliating. Allow this mixture to sit on your body for about 15-20 min and wash away. You will notice that your skin will remain smooth after washing it with water even though you have scrubbed your skin with sugar before. It is due to the greasy nature of coconut oil.

2. Skin friendly:

            In winter season skin tends to get dried out too soon and as a result we see whitish layer on our hands, feet, ankles, fingers etc. The best remedy for this is coconut oil. Coconut oil becomes thick and freezes in winter season and one might find it difficult to use this during winter. Just leave your oil bottle for 4-5 min in a hot water bowl and it will come back to its normal state.

        Many people might not be able to apply coconut oil directly on their skin as they need to go out and cannot make their clothes stick on their skin due to this oil. If you are one among those, then just add 3-4 drops of coconut oil in your bathing water and watch the magic! The oil does not stick to your body anymore but still keeps your body hydrated. But be careful while adding coconut oil to your bath as it will make the floor slippery. So make sure you are not adding beyond 5 drops.

3. Hair growth :

        Watch out for the most awaited and important part!! Hair growth!! Coconut oil has an unbeatable tendency to reconstruct your hair follicles, roots and tips and make your hair shine! There's no proper time for applying this oil onto your hair but I personally follow a procedure in applying this oil as I have seen very effective results in this way. Ok, so below is what I do daily:

       I pour coconut oil into a bowl and heat it for 1-2 min. I then take the oil in my palms, rub it in between my palms till I can feel the heat of my body and then apply it to my scalp. I follow this to my kids as well and I am very much happy with the results. My method not only enriches the hair but also ensures we get a good night's sleep by relieving the stress. When you apply oil in this method, you can feel your eyes and head becoming really cool. This is from my personal experience which has been tried and tested! So go ahead and give it a try!!

      So that's it for today my dears!! In my next post I shall continue about coconut milk and how it helps in hair growth. Until then keep reading my posts, follow my blog and also comment!!

Meet you in next post. Until then, tc!! Bye <3

1 comment: