Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Your inner world defines you beauty-II

Hi my dear ones!

                  Hope you are doing great. Sorry for not being able to update the three day tutorial as my baby has mastered the art of mischief. I honestly think that 24 hours a day is not enough for me as I am continuously running round and round the clock attending to his needs. Phew! Motherhood is a perilous journey. Its 10:30 P.m here and my son has not yet slept. I had given him to my hubby and escaped to blogging. What a pleasure, yay!!

                 So in the previous post, I kind of spoke about the basic veggies that are helpful for your mind and body. All the veggies that I mentioned can be used in multiple ways to achieve multiple results. So what I am gonna do is, I am gonna write about each veggie in individual posts so that you can refer them conveniently. Today, I am gonna list down the benefits of cucumber. So let's get started.


Scrub:

As we all know, cucumber can be used as a moisturizer. But what most of us do not know is that it can be used as a gentle and mild scrub to keep your face and skin ultra smooth. Scrap a big chunk of cucumber and keep it in a separate bowl. Add two drops of glycerine and half table spoon of sugar to it. Apply it to your face, hands, elbows and knees and wash it off with luke warm water after 10 min. This is very effective in removing the tan from knees and elbows. Also, this keeps the face smooth and glycerine keeps your face oil free.

Intake: 

Cucumber is known to reduce and expel heat from your body. My body gets heated so quickly that my skin becomes chappy and dry. Eating at least one full cucumber can help you overcome this problem. Since cucumber contains more water content, it keeps your body cool from inside. You can include it in your salad. I intake it with salt and pepper combination as it adds salts to our blood levels. Regular intake of it will keep your body hydrated.

Moisturizer:

To create your own moisturizer, cut cucumber into circular pieces and store in the refrigerator for one hour. Meanwhile, steam up your face with warm water  and wipe off with a soft towel. Take the cut pieces of cucumber from the refrigerator and softly scrub the circular pieces along your face, allowing the juice from the pieces to flow on your face. Do not wipe this off as it will eventually get soaked inside your skin. Cucumber acts as a natural moisturizer and blocks all opened pores.

Mental peace:

If you are yoga lover or a fitness freak, do not forget to consume cucumber after every session of your exercise as it aids in balancing your mind and body. As said earlier, I am a yoga freak and do yoga for nearly an hour a day. I never skip consuming cucumber after my practice as yoga is mainly about balancing mind and body and cucumber is something that keeps me cool both inside and outside. Also, research has proved that consuming green veggies, especially cucumber will reduce your stress levels and temper.

Face pack:

There are no specific face packs for cucumber exclusively, but it can used by combining other natural products. however, to create your own face pack, mix some scraped cucumber with two spoons of honey and a pinch of turmeric. Honey maintains the glow of your face, while turmeric removes bacteria and dead cells your face. Cucumber aids in soothing the skin.

So that's it my dears. Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Watch out for future posts which will be definitely helpful for your health. Share and re-share it so that everyone can be benefited from this. Feel free to drop your views and suggestions below.

Meet you in next post. Until then, take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment