Friday, February 13, 2015

Papaya to the rescue


Hola sassy ladies!

             Salam, Namaste, Hello and Adaab to everybody. Hope you all are doing great. My son has slept and hopefully, he will not be waking up for the next two hours. I have once again turned into a blogging bird where I can enjoy posting tips for beauty and health.

              So today, I am going to post about the combined benefits of papaya and cilantro, papaya and honey, and much more. Papaya as a whole does have its own benefits. But when combined with other natural products, it shows the most amazing results. Unlike the routine technique where I post about general tips, today I am going to give you a sneak peek into my personal home made beauty kit which I normally don't share with everyone :) I certainly am in good mood I suppose. A small sense of euphoria since my son has given me a vacation time for 2 hours!! So I think this happiness has driven me to share my beauty secrets with you. What are we waiting for still? Let's go!

                I am listing out the beauty tricks and techniques that I follow with papaya. You too can give it out a try as all the products that I combine along with papaya are completely natural  and do not have any side effects on your skin.

1. Papaya scrub:

           To make this scrub, you definitely need to preserve the peel of this fruit. Take a big sized papaya and cut it into medium sized pieces. You can either peel off the entire process before you cut it or you can grind it along with the fruit. Whichever method you choose, be sure that it's not completely ripened. See to that the fruit is hard so that the skin can be peeled off easily. Grind the fruit along with the peel and add some sugar to it. Keep it in an air tight container and store it in refrigerator for two days. The grinded mixture will now become into a thick paste. You can either apply it as a scrub to your face or add some other products to it. I add some cilantro paste to this scrub. Here's how I do it.

            For the cilantro paste, I take a few bunches of cilantro, separate them carefully and boil the leaves. I do not cut them into pieces as they tend to boil too soon by sticking together. I boil them  along with tender green stem like structures that hold the leaves. The green stems contain the juice; so I carefully pick the short and plump ones. I boil them for nearly ten minutes and preserve the water in a jar. I then grind the boiled leaves with papaya and sugar and add this rough grinded paste to the boiled cilantro water. I preserve this in refrigerator. (By the way, my son has woken up :( )

             The reason I add cilantro is I prefer natural oxy-genators to be applied on my face.  Cilantro has the property of supplying natural oxygen to the skin, allowing the skin to breathe even though a scrub or mask is applied on our face. Moreover, the boiled cilantro water removes bacteria, dead cells, black heads and acts as a natural cleanser. The aroma from it is completely refreshing. I just loooooove it's aroma. Add this natural herbal product to your papaya scrub and you will be left amazed with the end result. Let me know how it worked out for you :)

2. Papaya mask: 

               I wear this customized and personalized papaya mask when I notice acne and black marks on my face. I once suffered from a severe dandruff problem which left my shoulders and my neck area with several black marks. My skin lost its glow and I was worried. None of the medications worked. I wanted to create my own medicine which will be useful and effective even in the long run. It was then that I started experimenting with natural products.  Papaya was the first product that I tried on, and it was an instant hit! I will now teach how I prepare my papaya mask. You can apply this to your face, neck, arms and shoulders.I generally apply it to my neck and arms.

               Squeeze out the pulp from papaya and keep it in a bowl. Add a big tomato cut into pieces to this and grind it. You will notice that the paste will contain more water content. Keep it in refrigerator so that the paste absorbs the water completely. I usually deep freeze it for two days so that it becomes hard. But for instant purposes, you can keep it in refrigerator. Once the water is absorbed by the paste take it out and add half piece of ripened banana to it. Apply it on your face and wash it off after twenty minutes. Tomato acts as an antioxidant and works on acne, pimples and black marks. Banana adds glow to your skin and keeps it healthy. You can easily notice the change in your face tone when you apply banana as it soothes your face evenly and balances the tone throughout the edges.You can add other fruits like pine apple and grapes to this paste. But keep in mind that grapes and pineapple are to be added if you are preparing an instant face mask and do not want to store it. Grapes and pineapple do not last for more than a day and they spoil the entire paste if preserved for more than a day. I add grapes to this paste if I am to attend any evening party or wedding reception.

3. Papaya face pack :

           This is an instant mix face pack that will leave your skin full prepared for any occasion. I use this when I am off to weddings. To half a cup of gram flour, add half a cup of boiled papaya. You can also Fuller's earth (Multani mitti) for this purpose. I just use gram flour. Add some water and make it into a paste. Apply it directly on your face without preserving it in refrigerator. Wash off your face after 15 min. Do not preserve this face pack in refrigerator as gram flour becomes so hard that it cannot be used for the next time. Prepare this face pack whenever you need it so that the pack is fresh and does  not get wasted.

            So this is it for today my dears. I still have many tips in store for you. I cannot take everything on a single post as it becomes complicated. I will be posting in installments :) So stay tuned and share your valuable suggestion and comments in the box below so that I can get to learn new techniques too! Let's share and re-share it. Hope you enjoy reading it.

          Meet you in next post. Until then, take care. Love you loads :)






No comments:

Post a Comment