Saturday, April 5, 2014

D.I.Y Manicure at home with salon rich look

Hello kitties!!

              Hope you all are doing fine. Today I am up with a new innovative method to try manicure at home with your very own products, yay!! Believe me, I have tried this at home and it has given me stupendous results. So I have decided to share this with my precious darlings. And one more good news is, I have started to gain followers on my blog. With this double dose of happiness, I am sure that my week ahead is gonna be a lovely one.

           

             Before we get started to work, let me ask you a question? How often do you have manicure in a month? Be it either once or twice, the salon manicure can sure be achieved in home with your very own cosmetics, moisturisers and natural scrubs in your home. Added to this is the cost reduction that's gonna save you some money for your kitty parties or other beauty products. Worth your time and money, right!! :) So lets begin.

         1. The very first step is to make some soapy solution in a hot water. Use a body lotion or a moisturising soap so that it will soothe your hands and keep it moist. I prefer Nivea body lotion as it makes my hands glossy and shiny.

               

 You can use mild soaps like Dove to get this effect. Be sure that you make this solution in very hot water. Leave it aside on a table for 20 min.

         2. Once the temperature of the hot water is reduced, soak your hands in it for nearly 15 min. But before, keep aside the other needed ingredients such as scrub, moisturizer, nail cutter, etc so that your time gets saved.

         3. Take off your hands from the bowl and wrap with a steamed napkin. In case you do not have a steamed napkin, you can just wipe your hands with an ordinary napkin dipped and rolled in hot water. Use a soft napkin so that the smoothness of the soapy solution is retained in your hands.

        4. As for the scrub part, it sure needs a forehand preparation. I have mixed two spoons of sugar, one spoon of glycerine and a few lemon drops and created the scrub. While sugar removes the dirt around your cuticles, lemon tends to remove the tan on your fingers and glycerine keeps your hands smooth and shiny. You can also simply mix olive oil to sugar to create the scrub. But I prefer to add lemon in all my scrubs to remove tan.

             

        5. Once you wrap your hands with the steamed napkin, gently apply this scrub to your fingers and palms. Apply it in circular and anti circular motions and scrub your hands for 10 to 12 min. Once you are done with the scrubbing part, dip your hands in the soapy solution to clear off the scrub and clean it off immediately.

        6. Now have your manicure tools to do some cleaning around the cuticles. Before you start cleaning your tips and cuticles, apply a small amount of Vaseline to the walls of your nails and around the cuticles. This will not only keep your fingers smooth, but will also remove the dirt from the cuticles very smoothly. I use my manicure kit to clean my cuticles and file my nails. But you can also achieve this with the help of a nail cutter!! Apply Vaseline to the cuticles and gentle push your cuticles backwards with the help of the small knife in your nail cutter.



            When you push your cuticles backwards, the dirt hidden in your nail skin will get opened up and eventually get cleansed. Slowly, poke your cuticles softly in a gentle manner and remove the dirt. To remove the Vaseline, use a cotton ball so that it keeps your nails smooth. Once you are done with this, dip your hands in soapy solution one last time and take it off after 5 min.

            Repeat this once a week and you are sure to get a salon effect manicure at your home step. Let me know how this turned out for you. Don't forget to share your experiences with me. Also, don't forget to share if you find this post interesting. You can also follow me on Twitter where I daily post some beauty tips. Click on this link to catch me on twitter https://twitter.com/RamyaSomesh.

           So that's it for today ladies!! Meet you in next post. Until then, take care :)


No comments:

Post a Comment